Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Living a Life of Surrender

"If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world and yet lose or forfeit his soul?" [Luke 9:23-25]

The word of God says that if we want to follow Jesus, we must deny ourselves and take up our cross DAILY to follow Him. What does it mean to 'take up our cross'? I believe that to take up our cross is to surrender all and align our lives to the will of God. That means we give up our desires, our plans and ask God what He wants of us.

Someone once told me that there is JOY IN SURRENDER. And recently, i've had a greater taste of it. All year, i've been waiting for the OSIM triathlon... because i want to do the olympic distance tri! haha. But then, i realised it falls on a Sunday and that's the day that I've my Gkidz ministry. And even as I made the decision not to go for the tri, with encouragement from my leader, I just sensed the pleasure of God.

You know the word of God says in [Psalm37:4] "Delight yourself in The Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."

As we choose to surrender all to God, He will bless us with much much more. =)

No comments: